1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
5. Save your assignment in Microsoft Word or Open Office Write.
6. The length of this assignment is 1,500 to 1,750 words
- Read the “A Vote for McDonald’s” and “The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight with Smoke Signals” essays starting on page 309. Answer the “Questions 1” questions beginning on page 312 of the textbook.
- Explain the two ways to compare and contrast in an essay? Explain when would you use the comparison/contrast form of essay development?
- List six methods that a writer might use to improve his or her spelling. (Feel free to do some research online to answer this question. Just be sure to cite your source.) Which methods would be most effective for you, and why?
- Refer to “Writing Assignment #2” starting on page 324 of your textbook. Write a comparison/contrast essay as outlined in the textbook assignment.