- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Evolution of Health Care Informatics and the Nurse’s Role
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2014). Health informatics: An interprofessional approach (2nd ed.). Mosby.
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
- Use as a guide for writing in current APA format.
- STU. (2021). Discussion Instructions [Video].
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
- Parker, C. D. (2014). Nursing informatics leadership: Helping craft the profession’s future. Nursing 2014, 44(12), 23–24.
- Doran, D., Haynes, B. R., Estabrooks, C., Kushniruk, A., Dubrowski, A., Bajnok, I., et al. (2012). The role of organizational context and individual nurse characteristics in explaining variation in use of information technologies in evidence-based practice. Implementation Science, 7, 122. DOI: 10.1186/1748-5908-7-122
- Explore/View the website(s) below:
- HRSA PRESS OFFICE. (2012, December). Affordable Care Act helps expand the use of health information technology | Official web site of the U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration. Retrieved from https://www.hrsa.gov/about/news/press-releases/2012-12-20-health-center-networks.html (Links to an external site.)
- Informationweek. (2014, February 10). 3 Ways Affordable Care Act Can Empower Health IT – InformationWeek. Retrieved from https://www.informationweek.com/healthcare/leadership/3-ways-affordable-care-act—can-empower-health-it/d/d-id/1113758 (Links to an external site.)
- QSEN. (2019). Learning Module 4. Retrieved from http://qsen.org/faculty-resources/courses/learning-modules/module-four/ (Links to an external site.)
- Master Recerca Salut. (2014, March 27). INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO SUPPORT NURSING DECISION-MAKING [Video file]. Retrieved fromINFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO SUPPORT NURSING DECISION-MAKING (Links to an external site.)