Nursing philosophy paper
- Provide a brief, general discussion of your personal philosophy of nursing (such as its purpose, relevance and/or importance) and the purpose of the paper. Content must be paraphrased. Never copy/paste from a source even if you give credit.
- Thoroughly describe each major concept in the metaparadigm (i.e., nursing, person, environment, and health) as they are incorporated within your own personal philosophy. You may use a nursing theorist from your book or other source as a guide.
- Provide a brief and concise, clinical example of how each concept in the personal philosophy is demonstrated within your own nursing practice, i.e., how do you incorporate your beliefs about nursing, health, environment, and person into your nursing practice on a routine basis? For example, if you believe the person is composed of body/mind/spirit, describe the exact ways you apply that belief in your care.
- Using the ‘Values Clarification Exercise’ on page 155 of the 7th edition of the Friberg text, select your top 3 values of importance to you and discuss how they affect your interactions with clients.
Here are the three values Loyalty, health and time freedom
- Logical closure to the full scope of ideas presented by reemphasizing the main points of the paper and/or providing suggestions. Content must be paraphrased. Never copy/paste from a source even if you give credit. This should not be an editorial commentary on nursing but rather a summation of the main points of the paper.
- The paper should be 3-5 pages in length (excluding the title page and references). Do not exceed the page limit. Content exceeding the 5 page limit will not be graded.
- Students must use the APA book as a guide when writing.