Networking Trends Paper: The CTO and CIO are tired of reading and want to be updated on the latest (past three years) network design and/or network management trends. They do not want to be overburdened with a report that looks like a novel. To this end, you must select three current networking and/or network management trends for the report. The report must, as the minimum, include:
- A description of each trend
- An explanation about why it is a trend (e.g., advantages over other network designs or management techniques, adoption rate, etc.)
- A description of where the trends are occurring (e.g., Europe, Asia, U.S.A., etc.) and what are the top industries benefitting from or using the trends.
- An identification of the companies leading the market in producing the technological goods or services for each trend
Required Section Headings:
- Trend Explanations
- Trend Location and Industry
- Trend Market Leaders
Remember to support your statements with facts from primary and/or secondary sources (i.e., attribution/citations and references). In addition, material from the course textbook or the textbook’s author(s) cannot comprise more than 25% of the sourced and/or quoted material.
Papers must be written using a formal, expository writing style with no more than 25% of the paper being composed of bulleted items.
The paper must follow the formatting guidelines in The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2020), (7th ed.), and contain, at least, three scholarly/peer-reviewed references, three to five pages of written content, and a reference page. Note: Figure and/or tables are not considered written content. In addition, the paper will be submitted through the Turnitin originality-checking tool. More APA assistance can be found at the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (Links to an external site.). In addition, the WilmU Student Success Center’s website (Links to an external site.) contains more resources related to APA Formatting, Grammar, and Research Writing.
- Google TrendsLinks to an external site. – This website presents current Google trends.
- Networking Trends: World According to Google VideoLinks to an external site.