1. Briefly outline Maslow’s theory of the hierarchy of needs. What need levels are addressed by:
- Being promoted from operator to supervisor.
- Setting a new record for individual performance.
- Being selected to attend a special training course.
2. In what ways did Frederick Herzberg’s research concerning employee motivation correlate with Maslow’s hierarchy of needs?
3. Of the various leadership approaches discussed in the chapter, which one would you most prefer your boss to use in working with you and your group. Explain your answers.