Crafting an Outline
In the beginning or introduction, include the following:
- Your topic.
- The purpose of the paper.
- The aspects or issues you will be exploring in the paper.
- The who, what, when, where, why, and how of your paper.
Next, in the middle or the argument section, include the following:
- The purpose of exploring the aspect.
- How the aspect relates to the larger topic
- The who, what, when, where, why, and how of the aspect.
You may also want to include quotes, facts, or statistics that you discovered in your research. Lastly, conclude by doing the following:
- Restate your topic and the purpose of the paper.
- Include a summation from each aspect argument section.
Don’t worry if you don’t feel like the conclusion is super-strong. You will get there.