This week, you will write a comprehensive APA analysis paper using all that you’ve learned in HUM1000. Your Unit 5 essay must address the following criteria:
• 1,000 words or roughly four double-spaced pages.
• Make use of at least three scholarly sources to support and develop your ideas. Our course text may serve as one of these three sources.
• Your essay should demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections (through Unit 5).
• Be sure to cite your sources using proper APA format (7th edition). For help with APA, visit the Bethel Library website to explore a plethora of APA-related tutorials, help videos and resources.
• Upon completion, you will click on the Dropbox tab to submit your paper for grading.
• In this essay, you will choose an artistic work, analyze its artistic qualities and form and evaluate it as a work of art. You are free to choose any form of art that we have learned about in the course: painting, sculpture, music, photography or television. Your chosen work may be found within our course textbook, on the web or in real life.
• Begin by describing your chosen work.
o Why did you choose this particular work?
o How would you describe the content?
o What appeals to you about it?
• Next, describe the formal artistic qualities of your chosen work.
o You are encouraged to review the chapters in the course text that correspond to the artwork you’ve chosen for a refresher on formal artistic qualities.
• Finally, craft an analytical argument in which you evaluate your chosen work as a work of art. You may wish to review Chapters 1, 2 and 14 to help you craft your analysis.
o What makes your chosen work a work of art?
o What are the lasting impressions of your chosen work?
o How does your chosen artwork engage with the world and add value or meaning?